Gin & tonic mint jelly dressing
- Heat 2 tsp of water in a pan. Add the caster sugar and dissolve. Add the gelatine.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Then add the gin and tonic.
- Line a shallow (about 1cm deep) flat tray with cling film. Pour the liquid on top.
- Sprinkle over the lime segments and the chopped mint. Chill in the fridge until set.
- Remove from the lined tray and cut into 1cm cubes. Store in an airtight jar.
Shallot & red wine vinegar dressing
- Reduce a generous 1 tbsp of the red wine vinegar to a syrup consistency in a saucepan over a high heat.
- Add the red wine and port. Continue to reduce until sweet. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, add the remaining red wine vinegar.
- Add the shallot and pour into an airtight jar. This dressing will keep fresh for up to 6 months when refrigerated in an airtight container.
Cucumber pickle dressing
- Add the caster sugar, vinegar and 100ml (3½fl oz) of water to a pan.
- Bring to the boil and dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool, then add the cucumber and dill. Stir and decant into an airtight jar.
To serve, fill a shallow dish with crushed ice and place the oysters on top in their shells.
Fill little pots with the dressings and serve with some slices of fresh lime.