- Pre heat the oven to around 180°c and warm a roasting tray.
- In the hot roasting tray place the Jersey Royals, rosemary, thyme and whole garlic cloves and drizzle with Olive oil. Roast in the oven for around 25-30 minutes. Half way through cooking, add the red and yellow peppers taking care to turn them while cooking.
- Meanwhile, place the sardine fillets on a baking tray skin side up. Rub the fillets with Olive oil, some soft butter and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until needed.
- Pre heat the grill ready for cooking.
- Once the Jersey Royals and peppers are out of the oven, place the sardines under the grill and cook for around 7 minutes until firm and their skins are golden.
- Whilst the sardines are cooking, slice the foccacia bread, dip both sides in
Olive oil and place under the grill until crispy and golden brown. This will only take about a minute each side.
- Place one or two slices of foccacia on a plate, accompany with the Jersey Royals and roasted peppers and place the grilled sardines on top. To finish, add a small handful of rocket salad.