- Slice the cooked potatoes in half and set aside until needed.
- Peel the pears and cut into wedges, taking care to remove the core.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan, add the potatoes and sauté until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and sauté the pears until they start to turn brown. Sprinkle with the caster sugar and watch carefully as the sugar starts to caramelize, moving the pears around so they do not burn. Add a knob of butter to the pan to finish cooking the pears, then toss in the walnuts and keep warm.
- Arrange the warm Jersey Royals on serving plates with the glazed pears and walnuts.
- Sprinkle over the Roquefort cheese and serve with watercress and some of the pan juices drizzled over the top as a dressing, if liked.