- Pre heat your oven to 100°c
- Cook the pancetta in the oven on a baking tray until golden and crispy and then set aside until needed (if you can’t get any pancetta then use smoked bacon instead, it’s a great substitute).
- Turn the oven up to 180°c.
- Cover the Jersey Royals in salted cold water and cook until you can pierce with a small knife.
- Drain and place the potatoes in a large hot roasting tray with the garlic and thyme (save a few sprigs for plating up).
- Add the butter and Olive oil to the Jersey Royals, pour over the maple syrup, mix together and cook in the oven for approx 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until golden and glazed.
- Spoon the potatoes into a serving dish, top with the pancetta strips and finish with a little more of fresh picked thyme.