- Slice the cooked potatoes in half. Heat a splash of Olive oil in a frying pan, add the potatoes and sauté until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm until needed.
- Snap off the bottoms of the asparagus by holding the base of the asparagus between both your thumbs and index fingers.
- Heat a griddle pan, add a drizzle of the olive oil and the asparagus, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, making sure you keep the asparagus moving until cooked. Test with a small, sharp knife – they should still have a slight crunch to them.
- To cook the duck eggs, heat up a frying pan, add a little more olive oil and crack the eggs into the pan being careful not to break the yolks – you want to savour all that egg yolk to dip your asparagus in. To finish the cooking add a knob of butter to the pan and season.
- To finish the dish, arrange the tips of asparagus on a plate, place the duck egg on top then arrange the Jersey Royals over and around.
- Finish with shavings of fresh Parmesan. Dress the rocket salad with the Balsamic vinegar, if liked, and serve straight away.